Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wishlist Wednesday (27)

Hello everyone! :) I haven't done a Wishlist Wednesday in forever and I thought I'd change it up a bit. Usually I just pick random books that I've had my eye on. From now on, I'll actually be picking books from my Barnes and Noble wish list. I'm going to start from the bottom of the list, which are books I picked out as early as 2008.


To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker


Once caught, it’s harder still to let a pirate go
When Annalisa Townsend’s ship is set upon by pirates in search of her father’s treasure, one of the crew, James Sterling, discovers her in the hold. When he moves to take her necklace, she begs him not to, as it is all she has left of her mother. He accepts a kiss in exchange for the necklace. “A fair trade, m’lady,” he tells her afterward, before disappearing.
A year later, with a forged letter of marque, Annalisa is intent on hunting down the wretched James Sterling and reclaiming her father’s treasure from him. But now she’s in danger of him stealing something far more vulnerable this time: her heart.



PS: Let me know what you thought of this book if you've read it! I'd love to know!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, it seems like a cute read, with a bit of adventure. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book, but it does looks and sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read it. It was good with a cute romance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another old favorite of mine, like ENTHUSIASM.

    In response to your comment of epic proportions on my blog, I'm trying to read and review some "older" books. Sometimes I only have time to read my review books, which are generally all new releases, and I don't have time to talk up my old favs, which deserve some buzz too!

    As for audiobooks, I didn't think I would like it... or I assumed that I wouldn't be able to follow the story, but that def. wasn't the case! I LOVE audiobooks now and sometimes listen to them even when I'm not on roadtrips. I don't think I could listen to one just hanging out in my room, but they're great for driving and working out. :))

    I think my comment is totally longer than yours was! haha

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!