Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Betrayals


Lili St. Crow

Published 2009

304 pages

Rating: A-

Synopsis (contains spoilers for those who haven't read Strange Angels)

She’s no angel . . .

Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she’s just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn’t entirely human. (So what else is new?)

Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England School for other teens like her, and there’s a big problem— she’s the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn’t be so bad, but Dru’s killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . .

Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?

My review

Betrayals starts right off where Strange Angels ended. Dru is now at the Schola, a school for teen dhampir and wulfen. She thinks she's safe from Sergei... but little does she know that she's even closer to danger than she was before. Someone in the "Order" wants her dead. Someone is working with Sergei. Many things are going on behind the walls of the Schola.. lies, tension, romance, danger and worse.. betrayals.

First off, I really loved Strange Angels so I was pretty excited to read this. If you liked the first book then you'll definitely love the second book in this chilling series. I must say that Betrayals was better than SA. It had more action, a better plot, etc. The book was just all around very good and entertaining.

The characters in the book were actually very enjoyable and awesome. I love Dru as the main character too. She's a strong female heroine with a soft side and a tendency to run headfirst into danger. Graves is interesting and totally different from any other book character. He's funny, sweet, charming. You gotta love him! And then there's Christophe. If you've read my SA review then you know that he's my ultimate favorite! He's so mysterious with so many different sides to him. I also really loved the new characters in this book.

To finish, this book kept me interested from page one and didn't disappoint. The plot was excellent, the characters were excellent, the action, the suspense, the drama... all excellent. I just wish that there was more romance and that the book's sentences were easier to understand. Some were very weird and didn't really make sense to me. Other than that, I completely recommend this book to everybody!

-Marisa

6 comments:

  1. I agree that Betrayls was better then Strange Angels - although I liked them both. I also wish there was more romance!
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, I don't think Dru is always the most sympathetic heroine but I like her better for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read the first book, but after reading your review I am willing to give both of them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to hear this is better than the first book. That is, at times unusual, the second book usually has a middle child syndrome. I have this series on my list as I would love to read this series. Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Nina, I want to read both books now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!