Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Amanda Project


Stella Lennon

Published Sept 22, 2009

304 Pages

Rating: C


For my second ARC, I really wish I could've given it a better
grade. The cover is pretty awesome, the book inside has cool pictures that help with visualizing everything, and the plot sounded great. Unfortunately, this book kind of just fell flat for me.

Callie Leary has exactly one thing, and one thing only, in common with Nia Rivera and Hal Bennett:They were each chosen by Amanda to be her guide. When Amanda arrived at Endeavor High, she told Callie she moves around a lot and always picks one person to help her navigate the choppy waters of a new school. Why did Amanda lie?

Following a course that they suspect Amanda deliberately plotted, Callie, Nia, and Hal piece together some cryptic clues. But they find more questions than answers and quickly realize that before they can figure out what happened to Amanda-the girl who changed their lives-they'll need to solve the most important mystery of all: WHO IS AMANDA VALENTINO?

There's more to the story at . . . .theamandaproject.com

When I first started this book, it was pretty intriguing and I loved the feel of it. The characters were pretty cool to read about, especially Nia. I kind of got the feeling that a relationship might develop between two of the characters... but maybe they're saving that for the next book (?).The mystery of the book was so interesting and I kept waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did. I guess that's why I was so disapointed. Everything was building up to absolutely nothing.

I really loved how the friendships formed between such different people though! I was kind of expecting it, but it's still nice to know that not all of the popular girls in school were jerks.

-Briana

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review! I've been waiting for one for quite some time because the book/website premise etc really intrigued me. Now I finally know what's going on here haha. So thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW nothing seriously....the website does look cool.Love the cover too. I might read it, idk
    Great review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First comment on your blog, may not be the last !

    I totally agree with your review, I found the story intriguing enough but thought it would've deserved more action. The website idea is cool though, and the characters are interesting. Anyway, you said it all perfectly well and I'm actually repeating what you wrote, so I'll just sshhh...! :)Great blog girls !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I've been wondering about this book...but I love that cover. I might check it out though (when it's released), instead of buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am not going to be reading this anytime son, BUT thanks for the honest review girl!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!