Home    Reviews    Review Policy    About BAM    Double Dose

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (2)

What's the funniest book you've read recently?

Briana: Well, I haven't read a funny book in a while but I guess I'd have to say This Lullaby or Looking for Alaska. Their intention is probably not to be funny, but some of the parts had me cracking up. When Dexter (This Lullaby) crashed into Remy for the first time they met, I swear I laughed out loud. In Looking for Alaska, I just loved the thoughts of Miles and the Colonel had me cracking up.

Arielle: I can honestly say that I dont think I have ever read a really funny book. There has always been some sort of serious issue about it, or it just wasnt all that funny for me, even if it was supposed to be. Although I do remembering laughing a bit in Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys, all 7 of those boys just made me laugh and when Megan interacts with them, it can get pretty funny. There are some good funny books out there, but I guess I havent read them, which is kind of sad! So I would love some recommendations of books that made you laugh a little. :)

2 comments:

  1. Last funny book I read was the one by George Carlin, and still am reading actually!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "funny" books that I've picked up lately seem to always end up dealing with something dark and depressing. Funny on the surface, but there is always a drug/family/death problem going o

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! We love to hear from you!